Monday, March 7, 2011

Stills from the "film" THE PIXEL SUTRA

So as I use day light to work in the studio on oil paintings and calligraphic script downloads, I have been teaching myself Final Cut Pro at night. Editing a short "film", or rather a "digital short" because there was no actual film involved...just a billion or trillion pixels....

The vision came as a re-birthing/butoh theme, but I mixed it with another concept of re-examining the Buddha's Flower Sutra (Flower Sermon) in contemporary times, where the concept of the empty pixel's infinite potential replaces the flower. New times call for new metaphors to communicate the glory of the building blocks we so often overlook.

Also just saw a show of Tibetan Buddhist sculptures at the BAM, full of sexy dakinis and goddesses, so in a sense I continue in that tradition of using the vessel of the human form as a container for a teaching....

But if nothing else, Its a bunch of compelling images of nature and play, which are always good to have more of in our life...

Here are some still shots, and I'll post the complete 24 minute piece on vimeo when its done...hopefully by my open studio on the 19th. I'll make sure to have a link from this site.



No comments: