Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Heart Books

Wow...Since I've been In India I've read so many mind expanding books which tickled my intellect...plus they have weighed be down, and taken up a lot of room in my small baggage ...needless to say, books have played a big role on this nomadic journey, ....that is until recently when I began to feel completely overwhelmed by all the knowledge I had exposed myself to....My system crashed, and part of my recovery process was taking a fresh look at the role of the book's surface/cover...I invented a title, and gave my creativity a break by using found imagery from this trip (covers of books I'm actually schleeping around, match books I found at the Kumbh Mela, and old etching some westerner did of Indian myths a couple hundred years ago). These are all pen on Nepali rice paper... probably 8x12



No comments: